Vitamin D3 (100 IU)
Also known as cholecalciferol. Basis for active vitamin D (calcitriol). Formed in the skin from sunlight or can be supplemented by diet (maximum around 10-20% of daily requirement).
Vitamin D is required for healthy growth and bone development in children and plays a role in cell division.
Vitamin D also promotes:
• normal intake/use of calcium and phosphorous
• normal calcium levels in the blood
• healthy bones
• normal muscle function
• normal teeth
• normal immune system function
• normal immune system function in children
• reduces risk of falling due to postural instability and muscle weakness. Falling poses a greater risk of broken bones in men and women aged over 60