An essential mineral for the human body.
• normal blood clotting
• normal energy metabolism
• normal muscle function
• normal signal transfer between nerve cells
• normal digestive enzyme function
• calcium is involved in cell division and specialisation
• calcium is essential for normal bones and teeth
• calcium helps reduce loss of bone mineral in post-menopausal women. Low bone mineral density is a risk factor for osteoporosis-related bone fractures.
• calcium is necessary for healthy growth and bone development in children